• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsps vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (or chocolate chips if you’d prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, white & brown sugars until light & fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. On low speed, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in M&M’s/chocolate chips – I usually add about 3/4 cup into the batter and press on top of the cookies before baking.
- Drop dough (between 1.5 and 2.5 tablespoon portions) onto baking sheets. Press remaining M&M’s onto the top of each mound of dough. (Don’t forget, they will spread out while baking.)
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. For a softer cookie the center will slightly be underdone. For a crispier cook bake a little bit longer.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and allow the cookies to slightly cool. Then place cookies on wire racks until cooled completely.
The cookies that were not eaten right away will store freshly in the cookie jar.
A counter favorite next to the coffee pot!