Crystal’s Scalloped Corn
• 3 cans cream style corn
• 3 cans whole kernel corn or 1-2lb bag of frozen whole kernel corn
• 3 eggs beaten
• 1/2 c milk
• 1/2 lb fried bacon, chopped
• 1-line of crackers of your choice (I use Townhouse or Ritz)
• 2/3 stick of butter to dot on top
1. In a 3 quart Red Wing Stoneware Bean Pot, add both types of corn & mix thoroughly.
2. Mix eggs & milk together then add to corn.
3. Add in fried bacon.
4. Crush crackers & add to mixture.
5. Slice butter – dot on top of mixture.
6. Bake covered at 350 ° for 30 minutes.
7. Uncover & bake an additional 35 minutes, until done.
Top will be brown & it will look like a quiche in texture.
Feel free to play with this recipe, I have used different crackers depending on what I had in the cupboard.
Instead of bacon, ham could be easily substituted.
It will make a very thick mix so get those arm muscles ready!
Also, I do not ever grease the bean pot before using & this does NOT stick so makes for easy clean up.
Hope you enjoy!