Crispy Potatoes Recipe
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
8 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Brush bottom of a Red Wing Stoneware 2 lb Round baking dish with some of the butter/oil mixture.
- With a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly.
- Arrange potato slices vertically in dish. Insert shallots throughout. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes (if using) and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle with remaining butter/oil mixture. Bake 1 1/4 hours.
- Add thyme and bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 35 minutes more.
Add your favorite toppings! We also made one that we added cheddar cheese with the thyme – yum!