- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 4 slices bacon (You may prefer to precook bacon at 350 for 5-7 min. This will shorten bake time and asparagus will be crisper.)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Trim asparagus ends. Divide asparagus into 4 bunches.
Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bunch starting about ¼ inch from ends. Secure bacon with a toothpick.
Place the asparagus bunches in a 2 lb Round Stoneware Baking Dish.
In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Pour mixture over asparagus bunches.
Bake approximately 20-25 minutes or until bacon is done.
Remove toothpicks before serving.
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Butter
A dash of baking soda
Raisins to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 1 lb. European baker
- Use Small mixing bowl to mash bananas.
- Use Medium mixing bowl to whip egg then add flour, sugar, soda butter & soda.
- Add mashed bananas & raisins to Medium mixing bowl and fold together until well blended.
- Pour into 1 lb. European baker.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Great dessert to bring to share with your co-workers on a snowy day.
Brownie in a Mug
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Pinch of kosher salt
1 egg yolk
4 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in stoneware mug using a microwave.
- Butter should be melted, not boiling.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in egg yolk (using your egg separator). Do not use egg white!
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chunks.
- For our microwave we cooked for about 45 seconds. Do not overcook.
- Let Cool slightly then enjoy.
Add your favorite toppings of whipped cream, ice cream, extra chocolates, etc.
Taste tested and approved!
Originally posted at No. 2 Pencil Blog httpss://www.number-2-pencil.com/microwave-brownie-in-a-cup/
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Quiche
1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
5 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach
6 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 375 degrees fehrenheit.
- Using your medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with whisk until well blended.
- Add cream, salt and pepper.
- Place pie crust in bottom of your 9″ ribbed quiche dish.
- On top of the pie crust, layer chopped spinach, then layer chopped cooked bacon.
- On top of spinach and bacon layer shredded cheddar cheese.
- Layer one again: spinach, bacon and cheese.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over the layers into your quiche dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until egg mixture is firm and the top is golden.
We cut into wedges and served while still warm. Best morning break ever!
Creamy Butterscotch Putting
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups fat-free milk
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch & sale in a small saucepan. Add the milk & egg yolks & stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat & stir continuously until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove saucepan from the heat; stir in butter & vanilla.
- Cool mixture to room temperature while stirring several times.
- Pour into small serving crocks for individual servings.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
Great treat for your co-workers.
Crispy Potatoes Recipe
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
8 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Brush bottom of a Red Wing Stoneware 2 lb Round baking dish with some of the butter/oil mixture.
- With a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly.
- Arrange potato slices vertically in dish. Insert shallots throughout. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes (if using) and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle with remaining butter/oil mixture. Bake 1 1/4 hours.
- Add thyme and bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 35 minutes more.
Add your favorite toppings! We also made one that we added cheddar cheese with the thyme – yum!
German Chocolate Cake with Pecan Topping
4 oz. sweet baking chocolate
½ cup water
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white sugar
1 cup softened butter
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
4 egg whites
1 cup buttermilk
12 oz. evaporated milk
1 ½ cup sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
4 egg yolks
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ – 2 cup shredded coconut
1 ½ – 2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 2 lb. European baker
- Use Small mixing bowl to melt chocolate and water in microwave. About 1 ½ – 2 minutes. Stir half way through.
- Use Medium mixing bowl to mix together flour, soda & salt. Set aside.
- Use Large mixing bowl to cream 1 cup butter & 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Use egg separator to separate the yolks from the white and then add 4 egg yolks, one at a time. Mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Use Medium mixing bowl to beat 4 egg white from step 4 until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Pour into 2 lb. European baker.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool Completely, then frost with coconut-pecan frosting.
- Using Medium mixing bowl combine milk, 1 ½ cups sugar, ¾ cup softened butter, 4 egg yolks & 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla. Cook in microwave about 5-10 minutes (checking at 5 minutes) until thick and golden brown. Stove top method using a sauce pan could also be used. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool to room temperature until ready to spread, checking consistency while cooling.
Great dessert to bring to a dinner party or serve after your favorite meal.
Irish Soda Bread Recipe
3 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup raisins
2 large eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using #4 Red Wing Stoneware Nesting Bowl, combine first five ingredients. Stir in raisins. Set aside 1 tablespoon beaten egg. In #3 Red Wing Stoneware Nesting Bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and remaining eggs; stir into flour mixture just until moistened (dough will be sticky). Transfer to a greased 1 pound European round Red Wing Stoneware bread baker; brush top with reserved egg. Any extra dough can be transferred to a greased classic butter crock for an individual serving.
2. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
3. Serve with your favorite topping: Butter with a Red Wing Stoneware Butter Cup or Raspberry Jam are a couple of our favorites.
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsps vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (or chocolate chips if you’d prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, white & brown sugars until light & fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. On low speed, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in M&M’s/chocolate chips – I usually add about 3/4 cup into the batter and press on top of the cookies before baking.
- Drop dough (between 1.5 and 2.5 tablespoon portions) onto baking sheets. Press remaining M&M’s onto the top of each mound of dough. (Don’t forget, they will spread out while baking.)
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. For a softer cookie the center will slightly be underdone. For a crispier cook bake a little bit longer.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and allow the cookies to slightly cool. Then place cookies on wire racks until cooled completely.
The cookies that were not eaten right away will store freshly in the cookie jar.
A counter favorite next to the coffee pot!
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 cups cut up rhubarb
• 1/3 cup flour
• 2 Tbls. Cream
1. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl and then add sugar.
2. Add Rhubarb, flour and cream to above mixture.
3. Place pie crust in bottom of pie dish. (For a better standing pie, sprinkle corn flakes or a slice of crumbled bread at the bottom of the pie shell to absorb the juice.)
4. Add Rhubarb mixture to pie dish.
5. Top with second pie crust. Crimp bottom & top crusts together
6. Brush the top of the pie with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake at 425 for 55 minutes!
Note: place a baking sheet under the pie dish so it does not drip on your oven floor.
Taste tested and it was delicious!!
For Brownie Crust:
2 – 18 oz packages Sturdiwheat Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix
2 sticks melted butter (1 cup)
1 cup water
For Cream Cheese Frosting and Toppings:
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature (1 package)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups strawberries sliced
Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Spray 12″ Stoneware Pie Dish with non stick cooking spray.
Mix both brownie mixes, butter and water in stoneware batter bowl until everything is well blended. Spread the brownie mix in the pie dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let it cool completely.
Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Using a spatula spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie crust.
Arrange berries over the cream cheese mixture.
Slice and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Sweet T’s Slow Roasted Pulled BBQ Pork and Bacon on a Pretzel Roll, AKA DOUBLE PIG
5lb pork shoulder
32oz Blue Bull (Beer)
4 bay leaves
1 lb of sliced maple bacon
Whisk olive oil and creole seasoning and pour on the pork. Rub it in real good. Then pour the beer on top, add the bay leaves and allow it to marinate for 24 hrs in the refrigerator. Put it in a slow cooker on low for 12 hrs. Then pull it out, shred it with GrillClaws, and pour Sweet T’s Hot or Mild Sauce over it. Serve on a roll (pretzel rolls are our favorite) with bacon strips.