History of Red Wing Stoneware and Red Wing Pottery
Our legacy goes back to 1877, when the first stoneware company was formed in Red Wing, at the sharpest navigable bend in the mighty Mississippi River. Our young country needed crocks, jugs, and sewerpipe, and Goodhue County had the clay deposits and an immigrant workforce to start producing millions of pieces of functional stoneware. Read more . . .
All of our Pottery is Lead Free, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe
Mini 20 lb butter crock ornament. Stamped with the Red Wing Stoneware Company logo on the bottom and the year 2008 on the back.
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsps vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (or chocolate chips if you’d prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, white & brown sugars until light & fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. On low speed, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in M&M’s/chocolate chips – I usually add about 3/4 cup into the batter and press on top of the cookies before baking.
- Drop dough (between 1.5 and 2.5 tablespoon portions) onto baking sheets. Press remaining M&M’s onto the top of each mound of dough. (Don’t forget, they will spread out while baking.)
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. For a softer cookie the center will slightly be underdone. For a crispier cook bake a little bit longer.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and allow the cookies to slightly cool. Then place cookies on wire racks until cooled completely.
The cookies that were not eaten right away will store freshly in the cookie jar.
A counter favorite next to the coffee pot!
The Cocktail Gift Box set will sure to become your favorite set for making that dazzling beverage. The 2 Pilsners and a Shot gift set are available in the Stary night GoodHUES Glaze and comes in our customized keepsake wooden box made in Wisconsin.
These 1 oz stoneware shots were made for an additional bump to your tasting pleasure. They can also be used for measuring a favorite mixer in either a liquor or espresso recipe.
Available option has no blue banding in the Red Wing Decoration.
These cute little chamber pots have blue sponge decoration and are clear glazed. They have a removable lid. The Continuing the Tradition 2018 decoration is on the side of the chamber pot base. Each piece is individually numbered and measures approximately 5.75″ wide by 4.75″ high. This will be a limited production run.
This years collectible was designed by potter Mark Connolly.
This beautifully crafted, elegant hand thrown vase makes for a gorgeous centerpiece that will not soon be forgotten.
Available in two sizes with the Red Wing / Oval decoration.
Take us with you when you are out and about. This 20 oz stoneware Travel mug is the perfect size for your coffee, tea or water at home as well.
The lids are made out of silicone. Therefore they contain no plastics and are BPA free, allowing both the lid and the mug to be microwave and dishwasher safe. This also allows you to reheat your beverage without removing the lid.
Clay is the best natural insulator that we have. If you prefer a cold beverage in the summer time, feel free to pre-chill the mug in the freezer.
8″ high x 3.5 ” diameter